Business Continuity Management
The Business Continuity Management system supports the organization to manage business continuity needs in identifying the organization's risk of exposure to internal and external threats. It provides an integrated system to manage needs like analyzing the importance of Business Continuity risks, testing organization's Business Continuity plans and managing disaster recovery activities. It helps in building and improving resilience in business more efficiently.
In the advent of a disaster at a particular organization ranging from a hack to a natural disaster, there needs to a plan in place to restore the original business model . The Business Continuity Management system focuses on restoring this business model, making sure the organization can continue to operate as usual. This System makes sure all assets and personnel are safe in case of a disaster. The System also maintains a point of contact with many information systems operators . There are many facets to this system , like :
1. The Business Continuity Management Audit which ensures that an auditing committee is in place to ensure that the business is able to recover from a disaster of such a magnitude. This Audit is managed by the Audit Management System as well.
2. Business Continuity Management Governance focuses on making sure the Business Continuity Management System is running smoothly . Governance systems also makes sure the plan for the Business Continuity system is continuously updated .
- Assessment of Business Continuity Risk exposure
- Analysis of Business importance
- Business Continuity planning
- Disaster Recovery Measures
- Crisis Management
- Incident and Emergency Response Procedures
- Contingency Planning